Thetford Church of the Holy Sepulchre
The flint-rubble church nave dates to the twelfth century and is the only surviving remains in England of a priory of Canons of the Holy Sepulchre, who aided pilgrims to Christ's tomb. The priory was dissolved in 1536, and the church was used for a time as a barn. In the 19th century the ruins were adapted as an ornamental garden feature with a grotto, the remains of which are in the east end of the nave.
This site is managed by Thetford Town Council in co-operation with English Heritage